Thursday, February 09, 2006

Travel Series: Teotihuacan




12/29/05

Teotihuacan

Today I visited the pyramids of Teotihuacan. It was an amazing experience. When I was younger I had dreams of becoming an Archeologist. Discovering ancient artifacts amoung modern civilization is so interesting. I walked up the steep steps of the Sun Pyramid, visited palaces, walked the Avenue of the Dead, and looked at artifacts up close. I took a lot of pictures to help describe the experience which I will post at a later date.

It was a far drive from Mexico city to get to the pyramids. Along the drive we past through the highly populated part of the city. At one point I saw modernized city buildings juxtapozed with ancient ruins. There are many areas in Mexico City like that. As city development is taking place, there are so many ruins buried underneath that become roped off.

Once we got to the pyramids it was great to hear other people speaking english but not very fun around the merchants. So far I have been able to blend in with the Mexican population. But I read American walking around photographing the sites. But I was able to get some very beautiful things. I got a decorated rain stick and decorated bottle for my tequila.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home