Thursday, February 09, 2006

Travel Series: I lost my heads.....

12/15/05


I Lost My Heads....

I was very stressed leading up to my trip. I have lost my head in more ways than one. Being in Mexico City and Belize, will give me a chance to get much needed R,R, & R: Rest, Rejuvenation and Reassessment.

Although I’m happy and blessed to have arrived safely, 3 of the 4 luggages my family brought have not arrived. As luck should have it the only bag that arrived is full of things for my grandmother, none of my families clothes, the wedding things for my Aunt, or my sculpted heads.

If this were a few years ago I would have been very upset of about losing all the brand new clothes bought from the gifts my Mother received on her guest appearance on the Dr Phil Show’s Holiday Giving for Volunteers, but the monetary things can be replaced. What really bothered me, was I lost my art. My sculpted heads that I created recently were all in my luggage. I lost my heads! I have a few of them photographed , which is very helpful.

Once I thought about what a time saving thing photographing my sculptures was in recreating my creations, it made me really think. I have stacks of original paintings sitting on my desk and against my supply drawer. When people ask me to buy my originals, I can’t help but want to hold on to them. I have described to others, parting with them are like giving up my babys. After the time, energy, and frustration I go through to get to the end product, I have breathed a little bit of my life and experience into each piece. But just as I have gone through the creative process once, I can go through it again. Although my sculptures may be gone(for now), the ideas and concepts are mine and the stacks of paintings sitting in my art studio are doing no one any good collecting dust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home