Thursday, February 09, 2006

Travel Series: Wedding Bells are Ringing...




12/26/05

Wedding Bells are Ringing...

...and I didn’t run away screaming. I love taking pictures. I have taken photography classes and know how to develop and process film. Occasionally a thought crosses my mind to do photography commercially for weddings or events. I love the storytelling quality of photography, but I always had a big fear that I would not capture the perfect moment, destroy the film during processing, erase all the photos on the memory card, or have some other act of nature/God happen to the pictures or my camera for an event that can not be recreated. With my illustrations, I get to tell and create a story with my art as well. But there is a great deal of control I have creating my Illustrations directly from my creativity, opposed to photographing an event happening only for a small window of time.

I had a great creative outlet this week. I did photography and created a DVD of the footage I shot at my Aunts wedding. The pictures are beautiful! I had such a great time using my camera to capture unforgettable moments and tell a visual story to be cherished for many years to come. I have to admit I freaked out so many times when taking the photos and post production. Getting to the right spot at the right time without having random people walking through my shot, was a bit challenging. I had many moments when people were looking through my camera and almost erased all the photos! After having nightmares of the pictures being deleted and finally finding the protect images function on my camera, I printed the photos and presented the pictures my Aunt and her husband.

It was such a humbling experience to see my Aunt and family come to tears when they reveled in the beauty of the pictures. It also made me really proud to have my family and friends impressed by the DVD I created of the pictures and the video footage. Now that my college career as come to a close I was able to utilize the skills I attained to provide memories of the wedding. Wedding Bells are definitely ringing in my future and I won’t turn down the opportunity next time to photograph a Wedding, Quinceneria, or other once in a lifetime non replaceable moment events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home