Friday, April 01, 2005

Class


After being away from class because of spring break, it was great to be back. Not everyone can stand a 6 hour class but it really is a great way to spend a friday surprisingly. I began working on my next project in Illustration 2. Its an illustration for tea or coffee box with a cultural influence. I think this will be a very cool project! I picked Africa as my cultural influence. It is going to be a bit challenging but definately fun. The background is an African Motif designed by myself! :) with a rustic, stone teacup. In the cup is an African red roobios tea with smoke flaring out in the shape of elephants, gazelles, apes, bananas, sweet peppers, cinnamon, etc.

Tonight I'm going to work out the background drawing and finish the final line drawing to get painting!

This weekend I am dedicating it to getting at least 2 paintings done so I can get cracking on my 100 paintings of '05. Oh yeah and I'm turning in my character designs and fictional city idea for the children's magazine I'm illustrating. I'm going to be published in June!!!!! I'm so excited. I am one step closer on the Road to Artdom! :)

Wish me luck and encouragement! Pictures soon to come. Comments and suggestions always a plus !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home